Sunday, August 26, 2012

dawg dazed and confused

It's a before and after thing...

After simultaneously dragging and flying by, the Summer of 2012 is nearing its end. I'm simultaneously alarmed and relieved to see it go.

In a word, this summer has been hectic. That's not to say it's been bad - it most certainly has not. But it has not been the bastion of productivity I envisioned at its start. The world has been happening around me, at its usual warp speed, and I've barely been able to keep pace.

Thus, I embrace the onset of fall. Though spring is often the season of new beginnings, autumn brings with it welcome changes and new beginnings of its own. There's football, a new TV season, cooler temperatures and a new school year. Oh, and there's football - did I mention that already?

I sought routine over the summer, in which I hoped to achieve personal goals, and I know I'm not likely to encounter that in the fall. Yet, perhaps there will be opportunities to find the focus that eluded me all summer long, and perhaps the oncoming adjustments will lead to the realizations I've been seeking.

Oh yes, and there's football!

No comments: